Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The semester of turn arounds!!!!

I am back after a very long time. Well firstly a look back at what is been a very very fruitfull semester. Beyond doubt this semester is been better than I could ask for.

Firstly with my acads..... Guess what? I hit a 9.05!!!!! I hit 2 Ex's (my first Ex in life), better still in courses which were taken by profs under whom I had previously done projects (should help with the recos if I do decide to app sometime I guess).

Then ILLU, probably among the best moments of my life was this years Illumination. With exams round the corner, it was a 30-40 people event, it was really tough pulling through..... all those night outs, 2 weeks with 3-4 hrs of sleep a day ...... the last three days we slept for a total of 5-6 hours...... in the end it all payed off........... RK won!!!!! We won. This brought with it a real lot of confidence. It was a win against all odds..... when your own people let you down..... it was a win out of the blue..... and I shall remember it all my life....... and probably even draw inspiration from it....... Here is a good account of RK's illu........ kpowerinfinity.blogspot.com (My wingmate KK's blog)

Then comes Robotix (www.robotixiitkgp.com)..... well a lot my time and effort have gone towards this event. From the lecture series to problem finalising to publicity...... there have been a lots of ups and downs. There isnt been a thing more demanding than this event........ And from the intial feedback atleast it seems our efforts are paying off...........we might have a real good event...........Just hope the event lives up to the promise it is showing.

K.R.A.I.G........... We have finally revived KRAIG ( for non-KGPians KRAIG is Kharagpur Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Guild). From a membership of 4 people at the begining of the year to a 40+ plus membership strength. Guess what 20 people staying back in their holidays ( 10 first years) to work at KRAIG!!!!!! I guess thats an accomplishment in itself. I think with such dedication from the members, KRAIG will surely sustain itself for the years to come.

Projects that I had taken in my second year are finally taking shape... and might get completed soon. Besides with my CGPA and hence Branch improving this semester, I have better chance of choosing a better project.

And the single most thing thats made me happy this semester is my wing..... Yo RKCTM!!!!! Its been fun all the way through...... Life suddenly seems to be showering happiness on me. KGP life rocks in a senior wing!!!!!

Finally there is somethign new coming up ..... will post more details once things are finalised....... if it clicks it will surely be the icing on the cake..... and probably one of the most constructive things I have ever done in my life.

On the whole a great semester........... A semester of turn arounds..........

mood: nostalgic
music: nothing else matters

3 Comments:

At December 14, 2004 at 1:27 PM, Blogger bisky said...

hey cool...lovely!!!!! keep working hard. gud luck!!!

 
At December 14, 2004 at 8:59 PM, Blogger Sree said...

Excellent! Seeing so many achievements really is inspiring. I will be waiting to see the icing though. This - from D-218 of 2003-04.

 
At February 10, 2005 at 10:52 AM, Blogger BD said...

Nice work dude!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home